Tag Archives: vintage belt
Good Morning loves! I hope you all enjoyed the weekend. I always look forward to weekends where Dapper Fellow and I can just relax, catch up on sleep and enjoy a short break from everything. But, lately It seems like my life has been non-stop. You know those weekend days where you are up and ready by 8am as if it was a week day and don’t return until it’s dark? This was a perfect all day outfit, comfortable, easy, and put together!! My day started with a Woman’s Tea with my mama and some of my favorite ladies! Be sure to come back tomorrow where I will be sharing more about the organization who put on this Vintage Women’s Tea!
Today’s look is a classic black on black winter go-to for me if I am getting dressed up. I live in black blazers and this vintage one with the gold buttons has been such a practical, wearable piece. When wearing all one color I like the idea of mixing textures together. This will create more depth for your black on black look.
Shirt-Realitee, Blazer/Belt-Vintage, Shoes-House of Harlow, Skirt-Halogen, Purse-Alexander McQueen, Bow bracelets-Kate Spade, Bow Necklace-Vintage, Link Bracelet-Groopdealz, Sunglasses-Ray Bans, Tights-Spanx
Happy Wednesday/day before thanksgiving/last day of work/AND MARY BLACK’S BIRTHDAY!!! My mom is the first person to comment, “like”, share or support whatever I am doing and I can’t thank her enough for that. Whether it be starting this little blog, moving to a different state, starting a new job, or the simple talks that begin with “how do I handle this?” She is there and she is supportive of everything that my brother and I are a part of. There are a LOT of dynamics that come with the
4, now 6 of us. Especially now that we are older and both adults I am grateful to share such a strong friendship with her. There are so many things that I admire about you Mary Black, but here’s just a few…
- I love how much you love us. You do so much for all of us and it is so SELFLESS.
- I love how welcoming you are to your kids significant others. Even though neither of us are married yet, you have welcomed Norma & J with open arms & hearts.
- I love that you’re not defined by your husband. Who doesn’t LOVE our dad!? We all love him, but you encourage me as a woman because you are so strong alone. You have your own identity, friends, and interests.
- I love how you can get soooooo feisty and that it is always about two things: Being a UofA fan and people screwing with your family. For such a sweet, caring & kind woman you would mess someone up if they hurt any of us. And if you’re an ASU fan….fah getta bout it!
- I love that we laugh the same, share green eyes, have the same hands from grandma, both forget or mess up words the same way, and how excited you get when Jaimeson and I come over. <3
I am so happy and blessed that you’re my mama! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Mama took these pictures. This outfit was from a baby shower that we went to this weekend for Lauren, one of my dear friends from high school. The sun is so gorgeous. It was shot right at 5pm which just so happens to be my favorite time of day. I love sunsets more than anything and wish I could be outside everyday to enjoy that 20 minutes from 5-5:20 as the sun is setting.
I think it’s important to have pieces in your wardrobe that are not strictly limited to a season like “summer” “winter” etc. I try and focus on that when shopping for new things to implement into my clothing. Fall is the hardest season for me to transition into. In Arizona our summer lasts until the end of September and by that time the fall fashion is halfway over in store fronts.
Starring at my closet, looking for something to wear I remembered a pair of shorts I was given last winter that I have never worn…These shorts are a velvety material and at first glance I pictured perfectly combined with tights/boots or heels, but they’re lightweight enough to pair with this basic t and sandals.
Shirt-Frenchi, Shorts-Mink Pink, Shoes-Sam Edelman, Bracelet-Forever 21, Watch-Target, Clutch/Belt-Vintage, Necklace-Franchesca’s
Stay tuned for more outfits on the topic of transitioning into fall. I hope you have a terrific Tuesday!